The Truth About Harris

Harris Decker - Managing Editor, Lead Writer

Harris Decker - Managing Editor, Lead Writer

People often ask me, “Why pop music?” Is it the money? Is it the popularity? The thing I love most about music is the way it can light up a room. The way a pop song can put a smile on someones face, unite a nightclub or fill an arena. When the first few chords are strummed or the initial beat is laid down, everyone in the room feels it, connects with it. There is a raw emotional relationship to the song and it is for that reason that I have devoted myself to the genre.

In my life I have gone through more music turbulence than I care to recall. The first chapter of my life saw ‘70s disco and boy bands. At another time, I worshiped rap and hip/hop and still to this day, can’t live down the fact that I once called Fall Out Boy a talentless bunch of pansies. Of course I was wrong about them.

The Truth About Music came together over the summer of 2008 as I set out to cover pop culture from all different angles. In the course of only one year the page went from a sparsely published canvas to a beautiful collage of interviews, reviews and general thoughts on the worlds of music, movies, television and technology. If you’re in a band and interested in having your music featured on The Truth About Music please email me at: harrisdecker@me.com

• Comment by BaseballFan posted January 18, 2010 at 13:00

Hi, We met at the whiteplains baseball show yesterday and i tried to email you at the email addresss you gave me but it doesnt work. Is there a phone number i can call you at?

• Comment by Patina posted February 13, 2010 at 01:08

Hey Harris – congrats on a great website! Sorry i’m only seeing it now. Keep up the hard work and positive reviews. Patina (the ozzy jozzy)

• Comment by Michelle Neal posted February 14, 2010 at 09:31

Well done Harris! How you have changed. Congratulations and Good Luck.
    Michelle x

• Comment by Indie Bands posted June 10, 2010 at 08:42

Despite I dislike pop music, your site looks very nice and informative

• Comment by Marissa DeVito posted June 22, 2010 at 15:45

Hey Harris

want to talk to you about the rescues but can’t find your email. Hit me up ;)

• Comment by Mike posted July 30, 2010 at 05:31

It’s Max Headroom!

• Comment by Scott Metcalf posted December 17, 2010 at 01:53

Hi Harris,

If you find time, please check out my music…it’s pop music with integrity. I think you might like!

Scott

• Comment by Ranlindy posted February 01, 2011 at 02:53

Pop music sucks!!

• Comment by The REAL Truth About Music posted April 12, 2011 at 14:44

Let me ask you something…are you a hack? or are you a hack? Anybody that likes Tru Fam is most definitely a hack.

• Comment by Annette posted April 13, 2011 at 14:51

Dear Harris,

With most of the world switching to buying music online, it seems even the most avid music lovers might be neglecting their local music stores. In honor of Record Store Day (April 17) Local Pages (www.localpages.com) would like to offer your readers $25 toward any music store found on Local Pages. The leader in local coupons, discounts, and advertising, Local Pages has a ton of shopping deals available at your fingertips. If you’d be interested in arranging a giveaway for your readers, we’d like to have you ask them to find a music or record store on Local Pages, comment on their most treasured album, and link to Local Pages in their comment. The winning commenter of your choice will be awarded $25 toward the location they found on our site.

This offer is available on a first-come, first-served basis, and we’d be honored if you might like to share this special with your readers. Please let me know at your earliest convenience if you might be interested. Thank you so much for your consideration!

Best,
    Annette
    socialradius.com
    annette@socialradius.com
    1237A Third Street Promenade, Santa Monica, CA 90401

• Comment by Dan posted July 06, 2011 at 10:33

Harris,

You’ve got to take three minutes to check out this rockin’ and funny video ofr a cover of the Duran Duran classic Hungry Like The Wolf – seriously!

Cheers,

Dan

• Comment by Scott Schorr posted September 10, 2011 at 18:53

New Release: A very cool prog.-rock instrumental record: LEVIN TORN WHITE. It features Tony Levin on Bass & Chapman Stick (Peter Gabriel, King Crimson), David Torn on Guitar (Jeff Beck & David Bowie) and Alan White from YES on drums.

The release date is Sept. 13 and the CD can be pre-ordered @ http://levintornwhite.com/

Here’s a look at the promo video:

Audio snippet from record:

Was hoping you could spread the word on this project.

Your consideration is greatly appreciated. This is a very special album with three legendary musicians.

Best,
    Scott Schorr
    Lazy Bones Recordings
    (206) 447-0712 – U.S.
    +64 6 759 2187 – New Zealand

• Comment by Jill Kettles posted August 07, 2012 at 16:21

Hey there I am trying to find out if you would be interested in covering the Royal Southern Brotherhood and their new CD off of Ruf Records. If you would email me back with an email I can send you a soundcloud link and get you back ground material.
    RSB is Devon Allman, Cyril Neville and Mike Zito.
    Here’s a great youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRg8uvJjX2s
    To get the idea… Let me know if you are interested! Jill Kettles 770-804-9555

• Comment by Jill Kettles posted August 07, 2012 at 16:23

Whoops sorry about the dupes… ugh. Technology!